Saturday 8 June 2013

Sunčane Skale 2013 Song List Released

Hello there, Britski here. I'm here again to talk to you about Sunčane Skale 2013.
Recently, a list of all the songs and artists due to perform on this year's Sunčane Skale has been released on the official Sunčane Skale website. Here, I go through Youtube looking for these songs and we'll take a sneak peek at what this year's contest has to offer. Keep in mind that, just like in the Bundesvision, just because the song titles have been put out there doesn't mean that all the songs are out yet, and a few of these I was unable to find. Well, most of them I was unable to find. (More surprises though for the actual contest, I guess). And weirdly, it looks like there is only going to be the 'Best Summer Song' part of Sunčane Skale this year, I haven't seen any news about the 'New Stars' thing they had last year.
---
Sunčane Skale - Summer Stars Songs:

Glenys Vargas and Kevin Ettienne - Dream! (Britain and America)
Well, let's start off first of all with the British and American joint entry. After coming fourth in last year's contest, Glenys and Kevin are back again to fly the red white and blue (twice!) and are back with their song Dream. The song's got a nice message that we all should listen to. And the great thing about Sunčane Skale is that, unlike the Eurovision, we don't totally suck at it (poor Bonnie). We (and America) could get a good result again this year!
GO UK
GO USA
Rating: 9.5/10

Telman - Serde Popolam (Russia)
I don't remember there being a Russian entry last year, in fact I'm pretty sure there wasn't. But they are a welcome addition to this year's contest and their song ain't half bad. For some reason the music video is in Amsterdam. Also this video only has 20 views so you should totally go and view it right now and increase it to the high high score of 21.
Rating: 7/10

Kemal Monteno & Teška Industrija - Majske kiše (Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia)
Another joint entry now, it's Bosnia and Croatia. Out of all the Sunčane Skale videos I have looked at today, this one has the most views. Over 100,000, in fact! I'll assume that Kemal Monteno and Teška Industrija are both well known in the Balkans. But could it be an omen for this winning? The song is great, starts out as a very nice ballad indeed, and then gets more uptempo as it goes on. Doesn't really fit with the quite dark music video, but hey-ho. And with this act seeming to be very popular, it totally has a chance of winning!
Rating: 9.5/10

Ivana Banfić - Izgužvana svila (Croatia)
I don't have a clue what the 'CMCFestival' is, but apparently this was on something called the 'CMC Festival'. (Could it stand for Croatian Music Festival??? Maybe?) But the song itself is very nice. Good job Croatia.
Rating: 9/10

Danijel Pavlović - 3 dana (Serbia)
Now it's Serbia's turn to impress us! This is a nice touch, it's really really good, in fact a great job by Serbia.
Rating: 9/10

Jelena Kažanegra - Za tvoje usne (Montenegro)
It's a fairly decent effort from Montenegro, I feel like I know this song already >.> Maybe that's a bad sign, perhaps it's too generic. It might not stand out in the contest.
Rating: 8/10

Ellyland - Colorized (Azerbaijan)
After their great attempt last year, Azerbaijan are back once again! Lots of comments in German on the video, I guess Ellyland is more famous in Germany than here. It's a nice effort from Azerbaijan. All that pop stuff ain't usually my cup of tea, but this sounds a lot like what would be on the radio over here, so this song could be a smash hit. Theoretically speaking, of course. I mean hey, the Wombles were number 1 over here, anything can happen.
Rating: 6/10

Igor Cukrov - Korak po korak (Croatia)
Four words for this Croatian song: this is bloody brilliant! I really really enjoyed this song, my favourite so far. Fantastic song from Croatia!
Rating: 10/10

Dejan Seferović  - Novi život (Montenegro)
Oh hey, a Montenegrin entry that I could find! This is one of the few Montenegrin songs that are actually on the internet. A decent attempt from Montenegro. It's not half bad. In fact, a very nice song from Montenegro.
Rating: 9.5/10

Ivana Martinović - Dodaj (Montenegro)
Montenegro sure are entering a lot of songs this year. Well, it is their contest, after all. I'm sure I remember Ivana from last year's Sunčane Skale, but can't be bothered to go back and check. I can't fault her song this year either, it's very very nice. One of my favourites from this year's contest. Montenegro's putting up some very good songs this year.
Rating: 9.5/10

Zare Berber - Ponekad (Macedonia)
Wow, this is the first (and only!) of this year's Macedonian entries that is actually available now on Youtube. In fact, this video has been on the tube for a whole year. Well, who the hell is Zare Berber? Apparently, he was on the Macedonian version of Survivor. No I am not joking. That is the truth. I know nothing about Macedonian Survivor, or any of the Survivor series actually, so I don't know anything more about that. Oh dear Macedonia, your song is putting me to sleep. Zzzzzzzzz...
Fairly neutral towards this.
Rating: 6/10

---

Well, that was all the songs I could find as of now for Sunčane Skale 2013. Unlike last year's contest, I haven't really given out that many 10/10's yet. Only 'Korak po korak' got my 10/10 score. Maaan, I just feel like something is missing. I really wanted there to be some crazy Balkan ethnic music (preferrably with accordians and performed in silly ethnic dress/costumes). But maybe I'm just out of touch. With reality.

---

Youtube Links:

Glenys Vargas and Kevin Ettienne - Dream! (Britain and America) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GSIikICWlM

Telman - Serde Popolam (Russia) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDDQujxiDIo

Kemal Monteno & Teška Industrija - Majske kiše (Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsUNYerf7CU

Ivana Banfić - Izgužvana svila (Croatia) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq5HcCi4Jmc

Danijel Pavlović - 3 dana (Serbia) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAXeSMvGJ0

Jelena Kažanegra - Za tvoje usne (Montenegro) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg36qng-X9c

Ellyland - Colorized (Azerbaijan) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLB7RSNlEpE

Igor Cukrov - Korak po korak (Croatia) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIGowtk3jGM

Dejan Seferović  - Novi život (Montenegro) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoGKYby2EnU

Ivana Martinović - Dodaj (Montenegro) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc0puhqz4WQ

Zare Berber - Ponekad (Macedonia) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKne4O4dSFw
---
These songs ain't on the internet (yet):

Marko Prentić - Na tamnoj strani mjeseca (Montenegro) - What a shame, Montenegro is the host country but their song isn't here yet. In fact, if you type this into Youtube no results come up at all. But I'll be looking out for this.

Denis - Sakrivam bol (Macedonia) - Now, although he is just listed as 'Denis', I assume that this is Denis Murat from last year's Sunčane Skale. It could be a completely different Denis from Macedonia, I don't really know. What I do know however, it that this song isn't on the interwebs yet.

Joce Panov - Boli me tvoj dodir (Macedonia) - "No video resullts for Joce Panov - Boli me tvoj dodir" Well, that just makes me a sad bunny.

Bojan Jambrošić - Hajdemo zajedno (Croatia) - Sadly they don't have this either. However, they have another song by Bojan called 'Preko ruba vremena' which is quite nice, hopefully his Sunčane Skale entry is just as good.

Kristijan Rahimovski  - Dio naše ljubavi (Croatia) - Again, Youtube doesn't have this one.

Saška Janković - Ono kad (Serbia) - They don't have this either, although Saška was on Beosong 2013 with Duga u tvojim očima. It's always good to see people from the Eurovision/National Finals on Sunčane Skale. For me, anyway.

April - Paše mi (Slovenia) - Nope. Zip. Nada. Not there. Sorry Slovenia.

Mave O`Rick - Heaven (Germany)
- Glad to see that Germany, my all time favourite country in the whole world, is back again this year at Sunčane Skale! They don't have this song yet though. Youtube tells me that Mave O'Rick was on something called 'The Worldstar International Contest' in Moldova. I've never heard of 'Worldstar International Contest' before. Why are there so many Eurovision spin-offs that I don't know about?

Pamela Ramljak - Ovaj put (Croatia)
- Not there either. I think by this point there are more songs I haven't been able to find than those I could find.

Pero Stefanović - Sad ubijedi me (Montenegro) - A lot of Montenegrin entries this year. This one they didn't have either.

Deana Dasović  - Ljubav od juče (Bosnia-Herzegovina) - "No video results for 'Deana Dasović Ljubav od juče'." No results at all.

Pogrešila Roda - Nije bitno (Serbia) - Aw, they didn't have this one either. A shame, cos this band's got a cool name. From Youtube it looks like they were on 'Serbia's Got Talent' or some show like that.

---

Well, there you have it! That's the end of that, until the 29th June, when Sunčane Skale is happening for real. Sunčane Skale 2012 was amazing, brilliant, perfect even. I sure hope this year's contest can live up to the legacy of greatness laid out before it. Oh, what am I saying, I'm getting too carried away again! See y'all next time!

3 comments:

  1. as I can't find your e-mail on the page, I kindly ask you to contact me on my mail MeshPR@gmail.com for some informations about Suncane Skale 2013. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey MeshPR, thanks for your comment, I emailed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I got your reply and that was all very helpful. Thank you ever so much, your information has helped a great deal. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete